Every few months, Markit encourages employees to spend a day focusing on something that interests them outside of their daily to-dos. This can range from client designs that need exploring but are out of scope or, by contrast, planting some succulents around the office because they make everyone a little happier. A new conceptual idea and logo were needed to inform as well as grab attention.
- Project: Do What You Want Day Branding Initiatives
- Scope: Design branding, poster and promotional materials for DWYWD
- My role: Lead designer
- Stakeholders: Markit design team as well as Markit as a whole
- Challenges: How can we get people to be interested in something that might take them away from their work, at work?
- Basic process: Ideation > Approval > Design > Print and Distribute
I was asked the next year to do a Halloween-themed design.